- The Rho Ophiuchi dark cloud, a nearby star-forming region.
- Messier 62, a globular cluster also known as NGC 6266.
- The Cat's Paw Nebula, NGC 6334, is a complex emission nebula that hosts massive star formation.
- Messier 20, the Trifid Nebula
- Messier 6, a young open cluster in the Scorpion.
- The Pipe Nebula, a dark cloud obscuring the background stars.
- Messier 4, one of the nearest globular clusters, it hosts stars almost as old as the Universe itself.
- Antares, a star whose diameter is 800 times larger than the Sun's.
- Messier 7, Ptolemy's Cluster
- Messier 8, the Lagoon Nebula
- NGC 6302, the Bug Nebula
- NGC 6400, an open cluster
- The Snake Nebula, a dark cloud
- The Galactic Centre
- NGC 6357, an emission nebula